Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Web Browsers wanderings and wonderings


I have a confession to make....

Before this little excursion into the world of web browsers I had primarily used Internet Explorer. I was aware of other browsers of course, but hadn't really felt any great need to use any of them. Well, the times they a-changing!

I've looked at Opera, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and this muppet is impressed with what they saw. My own preference is probably for Firefox. True, it did take a little getting used to (as I said old muppet, new tricks) but I quite like it. It has different features and a lot of similar features packaged in a different way to trusty old Internet Explorer. As I used to say to the mupp-ettes, "How do you know that you don't like it if you haven't even tried it". Great words of wisdom, hey?

Anyway the upshot is that I find myself using Firefox more and more, not that I'm giving Explorer the old heave-ho. There is an option to "Fashion Your Firefox" which recommends add-ons that you might find useful. I particularly liked the Executive assistant features and Cooliris, which allows you see images as a "wall". You can also decorate your browser to suit your personality. Hmm green and furry - that would be a nice look. Maybe I should suggest it to Mozilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment